Bruce Weber Photographer Tips for Planning Photo Shoots for Clothing Brands
Planning the photoshoot for a clothing brand is super exciting as creating the apparel collection. Fashion photography entails much more than taking photographs of models in the clothes a fashion house or brand wishes to promote. A fashion photographer carries the sole responsibility of organizing and planning the shoot from start to finish. To make the whole process smooth as possible, especially for new fashion photographers, planning step by step is essential for them to attain the success they want.
Bruce Weber photographer provides tips for photographing clothes
Bruce Weber is an iconic and widely respected name in today’s fashion world. He is known for his famed artistic photographs of the male body back in the 1980s. He is also a famous filmmaker and author. Most of his works are frequently displayed at prominent art museums and galleries. He presently lives in Miami in Florida, USA.
The Bruce Weber photograph collection is inspirational for newcomers who wish to establish their presence in the field. According to this ace fashion photographer, every industry has its unique set of rules for product photography. The same holds for fashion, including clothes, shoes, and accessories. The particulars of any clothing brand photoshoot generally have the following details-
- Involves models for editorial and lifestyle photo sessions
- It should have a theme. The fashion photographer should strictly adhere to the brand book and the collection’s mood.
- Needs props in specific color and style schemes
- Preferably has the out-of-studio shots that include images about the street, nature, and ideas of public spaces
- It goes all the way from the tiniest details to group photos that might include a bird’s eye view of the model or the models in action
- Requires people to make the photoshoot successful- they include assistants, photo editors, stylists, hairdressers, and makeup artists.
When it comes to the rates of payment or remuneration, professionals are generally paid per hour. The amount depends upon the experience, reputation, and skills of the fashion photographer.
Have an exact idea of the resulting image
To properly plan the clothing brand’s photoshoot, marketers should have a precise idea about the resulting images on the fashion blog, the product pages, on social media, or in a fashion article.
This understanding helps the fashion photographer to understand the best type of shoot for the project. One should ask themselves about the story they wish to convey with the image. The following are some examples of the potential scenarios that you can consider for the photoshoot-
- Tell a story of a new fashion brand launch in the market
- Offer advice to present clients of a new accessory/shoe or apparel collection
- Provide information on participation in the fashion show, any upcoming event, or social initiative involvement
- To accompany an article containing information on a blog on a website with the original targeted content
One important tip from Bruce Weber photographer that one should never forget is to understand clearly what the project is about, especially when it comes to product photography involving fashion brands. This helps you to attain the desired outcome with success.